Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2013 00:09:00 +0200
From:      clutton <clutton@zoho.com>
To:        Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: system-tools-backends

On Sun, 2013-12-22 at 22:38 +0100, Koop Mast wrote:
> On 22-12-2013 15:09, clutton wrote:
> > On Sun, 2013-12-15 at 17:48 +0200, clutton wrote:
> >> Hi there.
> >>
> >> I was fixing the port when I was mailed that ports collection is going
> >> to get rid of it.
> >>
> >> Is it right?
> >>
> >> I had fixed 2 bugs already. I spend nearly a day setupping the
> >> environment, figuring out why this bugs were occurred by reading the
> >> perl CHANGELOG and sometimes reading the perl C sources.
> > http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/volunteer.html
> >
> > Let's discuss, I'm the one who want to volunteer some time to the
> > project, and refresh my forgotten perl skills :)
> > Actually, I don't want to remove what I've already done.
> >
> > Will the system-tools-backend be removed?
> >

> I checked and it doesn't seem to be used apart from gnome2. So when
> gnome3 replaces gnome2 it will be removed. That said the task list needs
> updating.
>
> -Koop

But mate-system-tools exists
(https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-system-tools). I've writen/updated
those ports: mate-system-tools-1.6.0 && system-tools-backends-2.10.2

They renamed every executable with mate prefix:
mate-network-admin, mate-services-admin, mate-shares-admin,
mate-time-admin, mate-users-admin.