Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:06:46 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Giorgos Tsiapaliokas <terietor@gmail.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error with linux-f10-flashplugin10

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas <terietor@gmail.com> writes:

> while i am trying to install the port flashplugin i came up with this error.
>
> fetch:
>> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz:
>> size mismatch: expected 4050435, actual 4760657
>> fetch:
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/flashplugin/10.0r45/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz:
>> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

Looks like they re-rolled the tarball but kept the same name.  The port
will need to be updated.

In the meantime, you can try downloading the new tarball and using that
with the port.  You will need to update the size and checksums in the
makefile ("make makesum" will do that, if I recall correctly, but you
can check in "man ports" to be sure).

> i have tryed to install it as a package but it failed too.

Right.  There are no packages of it; we're not allowed to distribute
it.  Which also explains why the file isn't available from our own
master ftp site, either.