Date:      4 Apr 2000 00:36:26 +0200
From:      naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FYI: BSD booth at LinuxTag 2000

Since I brought up JL3 yesterday, I might as well mention this:

    LinuxTag 2000 ("LT2K")
    June 29 - July 2, 2000
    Stuttgart, Germany
    http://www2.linuxtag.de/2000/english/

Blurb: LinuxTag is the largest Linux and Open Source user show in
Europe.  Expected attendance this year is 10,000+ (conservative
estimate).  Previously held on the campus of the University of
Kaiserslautern, this event has now moved to the professional trade
show floor in Stuttgart.  There will be an exhibition as well as
40+ presentations, partly in English.  Entry to the show and to
most of the talks will be free.  Speakers include RMS and Illiad.

After a somewhat ill-fated showing by NetBSD last year, there *will*
be a proper BSD booth at LT2K.  Demo equipment shouldn't be a
problem, and currently it looks like we might actually manage to
staff the booth, although a few more helpers wouldn't hurt to make
this a more pleasant than stressful experience.  The situation is
still in flux with regard to promotional material.  (Bob, I'll come
back to your offer on this.)

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de