Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:48:54 +0000 ()
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        bad@uhf.wireless.net (Bernie Doehner)
Cc:        msav@kari.ru, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wavelan ISA Card???

> > Hi, ALL !
> > Does FreeBSD 2.1.5 support network card Wavelan ISA ?
>
> No, but drivers are available (from me).  How new is your card ? Is it
> full/half height?  The 2.1.5 drivers only work with the old full height,
> and half height (which don't have the removeable WaveMODEM daugther
> board).
>
> We have a beta class driver that supports the new cards with removeable
> WaveMODEM, but it won't work with 2.1.5 (2.2 only).

Is this different than the work by jrb/msmith that was just recently
imported to the 3.0-current branch?  If so I would be interested in
seeing your version of the driver (I am currently using the code that
was imported and it seems to work okay, but it has some quirks that
need fixing.)

> You should really think about upgrading that machine to 2.2.2-R. There is
> at least one serious security problem with 2.1.5.
>
> Bernie

Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD