Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 1996 16:47:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Allen Hyer <allenh@wtrt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Allen Hyer wrote:
> fancy, not to connect to PPP or anything, just straight ascii.  I need it
> to  look for prompts and answer them, and then log off.

Sounds like a job for UUCP.  If you can't accomplish everything you
need to do with a UUCP chat script you could sertainly use it as the
basis for a custom hack.

>  Just looking
> around I thought that chat might be the answer.  I have tried it with no
> luck.  It looks like it is using standard out/in instead of the modem

You have to take care of the dialing etc.., then you can fork and exec
chat with stdin/stdout already setup.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                      714 443 4172
 DPC Systems