Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 02:07:40 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ELF status?

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Vladimir Kushnir:
> > Have you also got working ELF bootloader? If so, would you mind pointing
> > me to where it is? (Yes, I know there was post on -current list, but it
> > points to freefall, and I've no access there).
>
> Here is an old message from John:
>
> According to John Polstra:
> > In article <19971230162350.28393@keltia.freenix.fr>,
> > Ollivier Robert  <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Where can one find ELF aware boot blocks ?
> >
> > There are some old ones at:
> >
> >     ftp://ftp.polstra.com/pub/FreeBSD/elfboot/
> >
> > I'm too busy to help people with them right now, so ... use them at
> > your own risk and don't bug me. :-)
> --
> Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
> FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #60: Fri May 15 21:04:22 CEST 1998

Sorry for being anoying but I've (at least) some questions here:

does this boot loader work with -current? (I mean, yes, it compiles all
right as aout thing, but if I install it would it work or am I going to
screw up my system?)

how d'you compile the ELF kernel? What options do work? 'Cause I'm getting
undefined symbols for switchtime all the time, and link_aout.c compiles
only when I add the flag "-DFREEBSD_AOUT" manually. Besides, if I
understand correctly, LKM shouldn't work at all. What I'm getting at, how
(if at all) can one make (and boot) the _working_ completely ELF system?

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir