Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 07:41:54 -0400
From:      coventry@io.org (graydon hoare)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   feature list

Hi y'all. I know there is an official FAQ feature list,  but I am
attempting to gather information to present an accurate comparison
between FreeBSD and Solaris/x86 as ISP OSs'...

Was wondering if anyone could confirm for sure the day-to-day operation of the
following services under FreeBSD and possibly comment on their ease-of-build
and reliability, either alone or in comparison to Solaris/x86 if you have
experience with it:

BIND/NAMED
GATED/ROUTED
Usenet/INN/UUCP
Sendmail/SMTP
Apache/HTTPD
Ftp/TFTPD/FTPD

Also: has anyone loaded their OS from the network or have you found the
CDROM from walnut creek to be a better route?

thanks very much for your time and input.
-graydon