Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2007 18:45:44 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: call for testers: altq in current

--nextPart1565023.8ZCeSOeJC0

On Saturday 07 April 2007 19:23, Nate Lawson wrote:
> A few weeks ago, I committed a change to ALTQ that I was only able to
> compile-test.  What I need is someone with a laptop or other
> cpufreq-capable system that is also using ALTQ to verify that with
> powerd running, the queuing timing is now reliable.
>
> Previously, altq would just cache the first value of the CPU freq it
> saw (based on tsc_freq) and use that forever.  Now it gets updated each
> time the freq changes.  I want to make sure the edge cases (i.e., freq
> changes while a packet is being timed) work ok.

I will try to give it a spin over the long weekend.  Other testers please=20
note that you should test this without ALTQ_NOPCC.  Looking at the patch=20
now, it seems that the eventhandler should take this into account, too. =20
i.e. when ALTQ_NOPCC is defined we emulate a 256Mhz clock with=20
microtime - this shouldn't be dependent on the real cpu frequency=20
(eventhough things will get strange when the clockspeed drops below=20
256Mhz).  Sorry for not paying attention when you posted the patch.

CC'ing freebsd-pf@ ... laptop anyone?

=2D-=20