Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:06:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        shantanoo@ieee.org
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD in Embedded

In message: <3CC96C70.21314B0B@ieee.org>
            Shantanu Mahajan <shantanoo@ieee.org> writes:
: 	I am new user to FreeBSD. I would like to know from where do I get the
: FreeBSD version for Embedded developmet. The platform is Motorola's
: ColdFire Processor. Currently we are considering uCLinux
: (www.uCLinux.org) for it.  But after using FreeBSD for desktop, I think
: that FreeBSD can be nice choice. Is it feasible to use FreeBSD?

Not really.  The ColdFire Processor doesn't have an MMU, IIRC.
FreeBSD has no support for moto CPUs, apart from some initial good
efforts at a power pc port.  Netbsd might support this, but if it is
the chip I think it is, NetBSD won't support it either.

Warner