Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2015 20:18:16 -0400
From:      Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zpool(8) says hot spares work

--v7rV77WSpUxEunaAU6DjaPs9cVSkxCorL

On 2015-03-20 18:16, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2015, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
>=20
>> Hi,
>>
>> It would be nice if zpool(8) said that hot spares don't work.
>>
>> This is a page synced from upstream, but other ZFS man pages contain
>> FreeBSD-specific notes about missing functionality.
>>
>> Or is there some reason it shouldn't? Is this worth a PR?
>=20
> There is a CAVEATS section that mentions this issue ... but it's all th=
> way at the end of a long page.
>=20
> I cannot comment about the reasonableness of a more intrusive patch
> without doing research for which I do not have time at the moment.
>=20
> -Ben
>=20

I've wondered about the ZFS man pages for a while. There are some
changes I can see that would be useful upstream, but also some that are
specific to FreeBSD and/or the interaction between ZFS and FreeBSD.

Obviously these man pages have some local modifications already, for
things like the 'jailed' property. What is the proper procedure for
making local changes, and how do we sync with upstream?

--=20
Allan Jude