Date:      Fri, 04 Nov 2011 23:27:54 -0700
From:      James Colannino <james@colannino.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Checking for broken packages (as in linking)

No, I don't mean checking for broken ports :-P  In fact, when I Google
around for the answer to my question, that's all I can find, which is
why I bring my question to the mailing list instead :)  Maybe "broken
ports" or "broken packages" isn't the right term (what should I be
searching for instead?)

What I want to know is, are there tools that will check the ports I've
installed and tell me if any of my packages are linked against libraries
that are no longer there?  I'm paranoid that at some point, while I'm
building and installing updates, I'm going to break something.

I've been using FreeBSD for a little while now, but I'm still
learning... :)  Thanks in advance!

James