Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 20:49:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Edward P. Katz" <katz@robotics.Stanford.EDU>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbie 3 questions.

Hello,

I'm considering plunging into FreeBSD rather than LINUX and would like
to ask 3 questions:

1.  First, does FreeBSD X windows support multiple monitors
    (e.g. 3 monitors and interface cards on one PC as in display:0.1,
    display:0.2, display:0.3)?

2.  Can the COM1 serial port be configured as the console
    (I.e. have no monitor, but use an ASCII terminal as the system
    console)?

3.  Folklore has it that for server kinds of applications, that
    FreeBSD is the way to go.  But for an individual workstation
    applications (e.g. X Windows, X Term, etc.) LINUX gets the
    popular nod (at least from the sample space I've already tapped).
    What is your response to this, and how does X Windows under
    FreeBSD compare to X Windows under LINUX?

Thanks,

Ed Katz