Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:15:31 +0800
From:      leafy <leafy@leafy.idv.tw>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   To back Bill up

John, this looks nasty, I mean on your part. I think what Bill demanded was resonable -- just an explaination or some respect for his hard work.

As a regular Java user on Freebsd, I really cannot fully express my gratitude towards Bill for his Hotspot work. From what I read in the "full conversation", you never answered his question of "Why am I not informed".

There is no doubt that I'll be trying out Alexey's work soon, but it does not mean that I will overlook what Bill had done. I think bad politics is getting into FreeBSD (just look at -chat) and how many good hackers like Bill do we have to lose?

Jiawei Ye

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
                                     --inspired by The Tao of Programming