Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:35:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@bluemtn.net>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        <hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ftp/www/whatever mirror

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, jason andrade wrote:

> find your closest mirror - i don't recomment hitting ftp.freebsd.org
> directly.  then start mirroring using rsync or spegla or mirror.pl
> to your local system.

I guess trial and error for this one.

> once complete, send more mail to hubs@freebsd.org and/or your
> closest domain hostmaster for freebsd.org asking to be added
> as ftpX.XX.freebsd.org

I'm in CA, basically, I'm going to use it for our internal purposes as
well as anyone else that might be interested.

> i believe the web pages are generated from CVSup, so you'll
> need to install and configure that to generate a web mirror.

ok

> i would also recommend you install an rsync server for users
> (and downstream mirrors) to be able to access your archive.

Not a master at working with rsync, but I guess it's time I learned.

> lastly, i hope you have a big network pipe/budget to keep
> up with freebsd package updates.

our traffic is so async, I can continually update the server and it won't
affect us at all.

-gordon