Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 19:05:54 -0600
From:      George Simunovich <george@cia-g.com>
To:        george@cia-g.com, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, gmarco@masternet.it
Subject:   Re: Problem with Adaptec 2940UW.

The adaptec 2940UW still hangs.  My adaptec rev is the same as yours (1.21).
So, I applied the patch and it said "Reseting Channel A" during boot.
I have Ultra disabled in SCSI-Select also.
Nothing I have done yet has seemed to effect the problem at all.

For what it is worth I checked the difference between boot up with the
old good kernel vs the new hanging kernel and found two differences.
The new kernel has this extra line:
ahc0: BurstLen = s, Latency Timer = 64PCLKS
The new kernel was also different on this line:
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel , SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
the old kernel said:
ach0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 256 SCBs

Any more ideas?

George
george@cia-g.com