Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 13:59:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FS PATCHES: THE NEXT GENERATION

> Well, I now have a working spu2/CVS synchronization mechanism, so I
> guess it's time to try again...

 I guess i'll try look at it again too :)

> o	Move the definition vfs_opv_numops to node_if.c.  This is a
> 	necessary change to allow the creation of kernels with zero
> 	default file systems.  The previous code required that at
> 	least one file system exist to correctly do initialization.

hmm but devfs might be compulsory :)

> Since these are full modified files, installing them, followed by a
> CVS update, followed by a CVS checkin should be sufficient to put
> them in the current source tree.
This is not a good idea terry
you should do a "cvs diff -c" or similar
on the source tree to get diffs

the trouble with full files is it's TOO EASY to spam
someone else's patches when you over-write the file.

With Patches, you get a .rej file in this case so you can merge the two
changes..

I think it might be an idea to supply your changes in that form..

julian