Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 01:07:55 +1030 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom boot?

In article <199611191016.LAA03849@freebie.lemis.de> you wrote:
: J Wunsch writes:
: > As J.J.Ming wrote:
: >
: >> 		Is it current boot from cdrom ?

: > Nobody ever came round who was really interested in persuing this.

: I think it's about time that the FreeBSD core team began paying some
: attention to the things which will gain acceptability of FreeBSD when
: compared to other free UNIXes.  These include CD-ROM booting (which
: should be straightforward) and smooth support for ATAPI CD-ROMs (which
: apparently isn't).

 diff's accepted :)

 I guess it would take someone that was concerned enuff about it with
 access to a burner and boot'able cdrom to make it happen.

 If someone wants to post me the above gear i'll do it :)

 There was a decently long thread on this that is probably in
 the archives if you want more pointers/matterial/background to
 help you out.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds