Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/19604: Web query interface doesn't search or Originator correctly

The following reply was made to PR docs/19604; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To: alex@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc: dgilbert@velocet.ca
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 20:23:44 +0200

 [BCCed to freebsd-gnats-submit to get it archived]
 On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 08:20:01AM -0700, alex@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
 > I wonder why _I_ can do such queries.

 Your username is a substring of your first name and the query is not
 case-sensitive.

 send-pr uses the first part of the GCOS field (full name) as default value
 for Originator. Most people don't change the value. If you query the PR
 database, the search string will be matched against this value.

 [send-pr 3.2 on -current]

 The confusion is caused by the output of the search script: it reports the
 contents of the mail's From: field as "originator".

 In David's case, searching for gilbert, david gilbert or any substring
 of it will display his PRs.

 Somebody should fix query-pr.cgi to
 a) report the "real" originator
 b) report "Sent in by: " instead of "Originator:"
 c) both. This could be useful to deal with PRs sent in by organisations.
    Originator: Columbia Internet
    Sent in by: <stef@columbia.net>

 /s/Udo