Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:30:56 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Vladimir B. Grebenschikov" <vova@express.ru>
To:        Terje Elde <terje@elde.net>
Cc:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nokia 6210 as modem over IrDA

Terje Elde writes:

 > > When I do "cat /dev/cuaa1" and then send a address book entry from my
 > > Nokia 6210, I receive correct data.
 > >
 > > So this seems to work.
 > >
 > > However, when I try to use ppp with /dev/cuaa1, nothing happens:
 >
 > Have anyone had any luck getting FreeBSD to work with dialup over a 6120
 > running through either IrDA, Serial or USB connections?

Yes, through serial it works fine. You just need _right_ (DLR3) cable
and setup sio port speed 19200. Actualy nokia switch to AT modem emulation
mode by short DTR down/up sequince but for me it works with
cu/kermit/kppp without special arrangements.

--
TSB Russian Express, Moscow
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov, vova@express.ru