Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 00:22:44 -0500
From:      "Bradley Dunn" <dunn@harborcom.net>
To:        Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up NIS/YP

man yp
is a great place to start. It is actually quite an informative
overview.

man 5 passwd
includes a good description of how the passwd file works with NIS.

_Managing NFS and NIS_, by Hal Stern is also a good read (it's an
O'Reilly, got some funky porcupines or something on the cover).

The section on NIS in the handbook is currently empty, but the above
should provide all the info you need.

Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net>