Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 22:38:52 GMT
From:      PEB@amleth.demon.co.uk (Paul E. Bennett)
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Display brightness

In message <2001-03-08-19-23-16+trackit+sam@inf.enst.fr> Samuel Tardieu writes:
> On  8/03, Juriy Goloveshkin wrote:
>
> | Wow! thank you. I didn't know about combinations with Shift-Fn...
> | Do you know any other combnations with Fn?
>
> Don't you have the drawings I have on my Z600NE on your VAIO?
>
> Fn-Esc: standby mode
> Fn-F3: mute/unmute
> Fn-F4 (and shift): volume
> Fn-F5 (and shift): brightness
> Fn-F7: tri-state display mode (internal, dual, external)
> Fn-F12: suspend-to-disk mode

On my Dell Inspiron 3800 the Fn key combinations are:-

Fn+Esc: = Suspend
Fn+F1:  = Setup mode
Fn+F3:  = Battery Monitor/Status
Fn+F5:  = Reverse Video (STN displays only) - Table otherwise
Fn+F7:  = Compress/Expand
Fn+F8:  = Display Toggle
Fn+F10: = Eject Drive Tray (CD-ROM)
Fn+H:   = HDD Spin Down
Fn+A:   = Save to Disk
FN+D:   = Blank the Display

Fn+End:         = Audio Mute        (Not PC Speaker)
Fn+Page Up:     = Audio Volume up   (Not PC Speaker)
Fn+Page Dn:     = Audio Volume down (Not PC Speaker)
Fn+up arrow:    = Increase brightness
Fn+dn arrow:    = Decrease brightness
Fn+left arrow:  = Increase Contrast (STN)/Brightness (TFT)
Fn+right arrow: = Decrease Contrast (STN)/Brightness (TFT)

I don't know if they all work yet but some of them do.
As I have a TFT display I get the table showing the key when I hit the
Fn+F5 combination. No reports of working with control or shift keys
though.

Just thought you might be interested.