Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:36:07 -0500
From:      Lee Cremeans <lee@st-lcremean.tidalwave.net>
To:        Licia <licia@o-o.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 05:19:26PM -0600, Licia wrote:

> If I configure my system to bounce mailling list messages from spammers,
> how would that likely affect the systems (and my subscriptions?)
>
> Should I simply add a "bit bucket" option to Bouncer to accept the mail and
> dump it to nowhere instead of bouncing it?

I think we can nip this in the bud at the source. I checked the headers, and
the spam is coming from what appears to be a personal account (natch) on
Earthlink. The relevant info is here:

          by hub.freebsd.org (8.8.8/8.8.8) with SMTP id OAA20058
          for <hackers@freebsd.org>; Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:26:15 -0800 (PST)
          (envelope-from getmoretraffic@getmoretraffic.com)