Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:52:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au (Peter Childs)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Re: cdrom boot?

Peter Childs writes:
> In article <199611191016.LAA03849@freebie.lemis.de> you wrote:
> : J Wunsch writes:

>>> Nobody ever came round who was really interested in persuing this.
>
> : I think it's about time that the FreeBSD core team began paying some
> : attention to the things which will gain acceptability of FreeBSD when
> : compared to other free UNIXes.  These include CD-ROM booting (which
> : should be straightforward) and smooth support for ATAPI CD-ROMs (whic=
> : apparently isn't).
>
>  diff's accepted :)

Well, I did say "FreeBSD core team" to get myself out of that one :-)

>  I guess it would take someone that was concerned enuff about it with
>  access to a burner and boot'able cdrom to make it happen.

Yup.  With the possible exception of concern, it sounds like J=F6rg.
It's his line of business, and he has a burner.

>  If someone wants to post me the above gear i'll do it :)
>
>  There was a decently long thread on this that is probably in
>  the archives if you want more pointers/matterial/background to
>  help you out.

Depending on how long ago it was, I may have started that one.  It's a
while back, and at the time nobody had any concrete details about how
it worked.  Now the things are on the market.

Greg