Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:13:05 +0200
From:      Ross Cameron <abalour@gmail.com>
To:        Fbsd1 <fbsd1@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: usage of /usr/bin

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Fbsd1 <fbsd1@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
> Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>>
>> Fbsd1 <fbsd1@a1poweruser.com> writes:
>>
>>> But that is not true. The postfix port populates /usr/bin.
>>
>> By default, it does not. =C2=A0You have to enable the "Install into /usr=
 and
>> /etc/postfix" configuration option for it to do so. =C2=A0I don't recomm=
end
>> that anyone do it without a *really* good reason. =C2=A0Turn that option=
 back
>> off and you'll be fine.
>>

> Your wrong. I installed the package of postfix and it installed it self i=
nto
> /usr/bin with out any help from me.

You're argument then is with the person who build that package as it
was obviously build incorrectly.

The supported manner to install postfix (at least from my
understanding) is from ports and that by default installs withing the
/usr/local subtree.

--=20
"Opportunity is most often missed by people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work."
    Thomas Alva Edison
    Inventor of 1093 patents, including:
        The light bulb, phonogram and motion pictures.