Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:47:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        efb@vhwy.com
Cc:        efb-all@vhwy.com, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ultimate board!

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Everett F Batey wrote:

> Andrzej,
>
> Thank you for all that credit .. I disagree I DID NOT INVENT nor
> did I REINVENT the WHATCHAMACALLIT .. I ASKED A QUESTION ..

Easy, easy, pal... No reason to get so worked up. Noticed the
smiley?

> It was as straightforward as I could ask that question ?  If some
> one did it and sold some, I might buy one.
>
> Did you invent, sell or buy one ?  Did / does it work ?
>
> Who would I want to contact, email, telephone, cell block, etc ?
> if one exists ?
>
> OTHERWISE, Still standing is the question what do those of you
> who are around here a long time view of the feasibility and cost

Just an aside: I've been probably the first one on this list. Go and check
the cvs logs in src/release/picobsd. :-)

> to bring that Whatchamacallit to market today ???
>
> Oh, InterJet, hell I cant even fly (-:  :-)

What I was referring to was a concrete product - InterJet - of a company
called Whistle, who was (unfortunately) aquired by IBM. They produced and
sold considerable numbers of exactly such device. Quite a number of
core FreeBSD developers worked for them, among them Terry, Julian,
Archie, and a couple of others...

Unfortunately, after the aquisition the product vanished from the market
and (as far as I know) is available only as a part of an overpriced
service offering from IBM.

So, maybe this is the right time for the next InterJet...

Andrzej

// Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>, Chief System Architect
// WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// <abial@freebsd.org> FreeBSD developer (http://www.freebsd.org)