Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:47:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@matriplex.com>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATM cards and switches available

Hi, everyone!

This offer is to any FreeBSD developer or user that is interested in
getting acquainted with ATM, wants to write a driver, or wants to add some
diversity to his or her ATM network.

I have a large quantity of ATM PCI cards and a few switches that I do not
need anymore.  These could be very useful for educational projects or
perhaps even in real networks.  Depending on the shipping costs, I may or
may not ask the recipients to help pay to get them to their new homes.

The switches are Madge Collage 280 models, with 12 ATM25 (RJ45) ports and
two modules for OC3 (fiber) or ATM155 (RJ45).  I have plenty of modules
for these.  These switches would be great for connecting multiple test
clients to a bigger ATM switch.

The cards are labeled "Madge Collage 25 PCI Adapter".  There is no FreeBSD
driver for them, but there is one for Linux (hint, hint!)  I have about
one hundred of these to give out, so anyone who has the time to write a
driver would very likely be helping other FreeBSD ATM users.

Aside from the Madge ATM25 cards, the switches work great with the Fore
LE25 cards, which go cheap on ebay and already have FreeBSD support.

I also have a small assortment of Madge ATM155 (RJ45) PCI cards for anyone
who wants them.  There is also a Madge 530 switch with 16 10baseT ethernet
ports and one OC3 (fiber), which might be useful for testing LANE.

There should be enough for everyone :-) but if not, I will give preference
to developers and researchers.

If you are interested in getting some ATM cards or a switch, please let me
know and I'll start making my list.

All the best,

-Richard