Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2019 13:55:37 +0000
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   time to finally adopt IPv6 ?

We have ping(8), and ping6(8), we need to tell route(8) if we want -4 or -6
and so on and so forth.

We dont need to rehash why IPv6 is treated as a stepchild, and even
less if it is anybodys fault, at this point it is an artifact of
history and just that.

But isnt it about time we start in earnest to integrate things from
a command line point of view?

Even if for source code hygiene points if it amounts to no more
than ping(8) re-execing ping6(8) when given an IPv6 argument ?