Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 1997 15:27:35 +1100
From:      Joel Sutton <suttonj@interconnect.com.au>
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: doscmd vs ???

Jonathan,

>   I have no other Dos programs to run, simply because I don't own any DOS
> programs other than Dos5.0 and whatever install/support programs that came
> with the various hardware I've bought.

If I can be of any assistance with testing please let me know. I've
got copies of Wordperfect, MS Word, Lotus , Turbo C/Pascal
etc...etc..

I had a play with doscmd and it seemed to run various things that
pcemu wouldn't. But it works both ways. The speed is quite superior
of course.

>   (And yes, I'm completely ignorant of intel architecture up until about a
> week ago.)

Wow. I'm still trying to wrap all of my mind around C... Sometimes it
"feels like having your brain smashed out with a slice of lemon
wrapped around a large gold brick". :-)

Would there be much difficulty is getting a set of kernel patches for
us release users (2.1.6) ?? I guess was I'm asking is - Does the new
vm86 kernel code rely on facilities in current?

I'm really happy to hear that things are going again on the dos
emulation front. Thanks.

Best regards,

Joel...