Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 12:27:38 -0500
From:      Gabor Kincses <gabor@acm.org>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATAPI (yet again)

OK, I took the CDs and a boot floppy (all 2.2.5) to my friends' house to
install FreeBSD on their brand new Dell box.

As it turns out they have a 6.4G as primary master and an ATAPI CD-ROM
device as secondary master.  There is also an ATAPI ZIP in it (the BIOS
didn't report its location).  The wcd0 probe was hanging quite a bit and
in the end the CD-ROM wasn't recognized.

Since I can't just rejumper and rewire their brand new computer without
them throwing me out, I'm stuck.  They'd like FreeBSD, but they don't
understand the benefits, yet, so at this point this is a very hard
sell.  Would 2.2.6 be a cure for this?

Thanks,

--
Gabor Kincses