Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:02:03 -0600
From:      "Bryan Bunch" <bryanb@walls-media.com>
To:        <freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Updating files after 'make world'

I have recently downloaded the source via cvsup and ran a 'make
world'. In looking at the documentation, I am a little confused about
merging and copying files into my / dir. The document I am looking at
is titled "'Making the World' your own" found at:
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/upgrade/upgrade.html . There is a
list of files to copy and merge and the merge is pretty
straightforward, but some of the copy files are passwd, group, etc.
Surely copy does not mean to copy the new passwd file in
/var/tmp/root/etc to my /etc dir, does it? If so, this means
overwriting my existing passwd file with the new one that does not
have current entries in it. Do I have this backward or am I missing
something?

Thanks for the help.

Bryan
bryanb@walls-media.com