Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 17:23:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WIN32 development, cygwin32, and wine

I'd like to provide some of our tools under the WIN32 API.  The
only Windows box in the office is a 486SX25 and I prefer to keep
it that way.

The things that I'm interested in porting are POSIX compliant and
use Tk for the user interface, so windows support, though not
incredibly native looking, should be straight forward.

Can one cross-develop for WIN32 using Cygwin32 and the Tk Windows
stuff and then do preliminary testing under Wine?  Since all the
pieces come from the open source community it should be possible.
Poking around on the Cygnus web site didn't uncover any obvious
leads.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval