Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 00:04:58 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   making the snoop device loadable.

Ok, I noticed that with a bit of hacking the snp device can be made
loadable.  Making it unloadable is a bit of a pain, but I can
implement it using refcounting on the amount of ttys that have snp
devices hooked onto them so that the machine doesn't panic if you
unload it.

The 'problem' that happens is that kern/tty.c now needs to include
snoop.h unconditionally, and it also has to provide some exernally
visible pointers to functions for the loadable snoop device to
hook into.

Basically, does anyone have a problem with snp becoming loadable
before I commit to finishing off the work? (it's loadable now, but
not unloadable).

thanks,