Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 08:53:47 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Just an observation - MUA's seen in the lists

	From <http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/main_faq_new_p2.html#1>:

| 1.  What is OpenOffice.org?
|
| OpenOffice.org is the open source project through which Sun Microsystems
| has released the technology for the popular StarOffice[tm] Productivity
| Suite. All of the StarOffice source code is available under the GNU Lesser
| General Public License (LGPL) as well as the Sun Industry Standards Source
| License (SISSL). Sun will participate as a member of the OpenOffice.org
| community going forward. OpenOffice.org is being hosted by CollabNet.

	I see the word "technology" here, not the term "source code".  It
sounds to me like they're trying to do a complete redevelopment of
the project using purely open source methods and APIs, and not
bringing the entire source code base for StarOffice and making that
the foundation of the project.

	Maybe I'm wrong, but if I am, it is in no small part due to the
very confusing way that they've worded their FAQ, etc....

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>          */