Date:      Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:27:23 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        Porting FreeBSD to the PowerPC <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Initially setting up power pc

Hi Jens,

> >  To cross-compile the source tree:
> >
> >  #  make -DNOLIBC_R TARGET_ARCH=powerpc buildworld
> >  #  make -DNOLIBC_R TARGET_ARCH=powerpc buildkernel
>
> Ok, than it's build. How do I get this into the machine?

 'make release' doesn't work for PPC yet, so it's not really possible
to build an ISO without a lot of manual effort.

 That being said, it's all moot if the loader doesn't work. What I'd suggest
is trying to boot the FreeBSD loader from the IBM's open firmware prompt. I have no
idea how to do that, so I guess it's worth scanning Linux archives.

> Linux/PPC runs fine, since 2000.

 OK, that should at least give you a start wrt to how to bootstrap the system.

later,

Peter.