Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:47:13 -0400
From:      Barry Friedman <friedman@www1.emax.ca>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating Smart Array 6404

I am trying to update the firmware on a Smart Array 6404 attached to
a DL380 G4 and the only upgrades available from HP are Linux.
Specifically CP008272.scexe from the HP website (http://tinyurl.com/5ppo98)
would seem to do the job.

My question is whether this will work on a freebsd 7.0 system with linux
compatibility enabled and will not damage the array, and if not what
other options are there for getting a usable upgrade.

I hope to hear back from other list subscribers who have experience with
this problem.

Thanks,
--
Barry Friedman
Emax Computer Systems Inc., 480 Tweedsmuir Ave., Ottawa, Ont. Canada K1Z 5N9