Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:00:07 GMT
From:      Thomas Backman <serenity@exscape.org>
To:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/120194: [patch] UFS volumes on ZVOLs cannot be fsck'd at boot

The following reply was made to PR conf/120194; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Backman <serenity@exscape.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 13:49:42 +0200

 This bug is still relevant and unfixed as of 8.0-BETA2, although I ran
 into it by being unable to mount ZVOLs using fstab, since /dev/zvol is
 populated after mountcritlocal runs.
 My fix was to move ZFS to before mountcritlocal, since the root is
 already mounted R/W, but I suppose this fix is even better since it
 solves the fsck problem as well, which I haven't ran in to yet.
 It would be nice to see this easy fix implemented!

 Regards,
 Thomas