Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:38:29 -0700
From:      KAYVEN RIESE <kayve@sfsu.edu>
To:        Tony Theodore <tonyt@logyst.com>
Cc:        deeptech71@gmail.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD anti-competitive activities

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010, Tony Theodore wrote:

> On 17 April 2010 02:05,  <deeptech71@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/145735
>> Something sure stinks here...
>
> I find most installers these days are overly opinionated, gparted (and
> sometimes OSX Disk Utility) are the safest bets - or just give away
> multi-booting and simply run virtual machines.

I'm remembering now Vista being a culprit last time I was messing with
this.. it kept switching how it is required to do dual boot.  My take
right now on "the conspiracy" is that all OS developers, FreeBSD and
Microsoft have increasingly had a sense that there are resources that they
need to dominate, and that this is some sort of design decision, not
really having in mind the whole dual boot concept.

All this for me has fallen by the wayside, because I have long since
decided that each OS warrants its very own dedicated hard drive instead of
negotiating with these MBR headaches.  Make sure you get a nice static
grounding bracelet.