Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 2013 02:12:46 -0400
From:      Randall Stewart <rrs@lakerest.net>
To:        Jimmy Kelley <ljboiler@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble with the latest eclipse...

Ahh

Thanks Jimmy

I was using 10, just dropped to 9.2 on a new machine this AM, and I =
almost
put the -devel version in but thought, well I wanted to see if it was
some interaction with 10.

I will get the -devel version in and give it a go when I get
a chance.

I think that only help appears broken, at least I was able to do
a few things with the non-devel version.. nothing major yet ..=20

It will probably have to wait for a while, your patch will probably
get in by the time I can get back to it ;-)

(I had a bit of a machine problem with my cobbled together 9.2 machine
 this morning when I moved it out to the barn, it evidently did not
 like that and won't boot now ;-( but it is an old machine).

I will have to take a different box I have in my office and re-purpose
it as a 9.2 Release and add all the goodies, it has more memory
anyway ;-)

On Oct 5, 2013, at 7:24 PM, Jimmy Kelley wrote:

> Randall:
>=20
> You wouldn't by chance have initially been trying this on FreeBSD 10,
> would you?
>=20
> It's been a while since I've built eclipse-devel (Juno) but I had
> no problems with it a couple of months ago.  I've been trying to
> get Eclipse Kepler working and had deleted the -devel version, but
> after seeing your post I thought I'd try it and sure enough it
> wouldn't build for me either.  The problem I see is that there are
> a few hard-coded references to "gcc" in some of the makefiles, etc.,
> and the latest FreeBSD 10 has dumped gcc in favor of clang as the
> default toolset (which happened AFTER my inital install of =
eclipse-devel
> on 10-CURRENT).
>=20
> I'll submit a PR and patch for this.
>=20
> The problem with the help on plain eclipse (Indigo) is something else,
> but help DOES work on the -devel version.
>=20
> Jimmy
>=20
> On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 12:18:02PM -0400, Randall Stewart wrote:
>> George:
>>=20
>> Well thats interesting, the build of eclipse-devel failed .. so I =
backed
>> away from that one.
>>=20
>> I did go to the trouble this AM of finding an old 64 bit machine that
>> was powered off, pieced together a couple of disks and such. =
Installed
>> a fresh 9.2 release into it.
>>=20
>> Then pkg_add'd gnome2 and x11
>> and then all the eclipse packages (not the devel version).
>>=20
>> And I get the same set of errors when I bring up the help contents.
>>=20
>> Now I can do other things in either one, I will try putting the devel =
version
>> on the 9.2 machine and see what happens ;-)
>>=20
>> On Oct 5, 2013, at 10:15 AM, George Neville-Neil wrote:
>>=20
>>>=20
>>> On Oct 5, 2013, at 6:48 , Randall Stewart <rrs@lakerest.net> wrote:
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> I have not played with the Google GWiT stuff but I have found that =
the eclipse-devle package works
>>> better for me than the vanilla version.  I have been trying to find =
the time to do the relevant
>>> upgrades but haven't been able to fully follow up on that.  I have =
used the eclipse-devel package
>>> to reasonable effect.  Give that a try.
>>>=20
>>> Best,
>>> George
>>>=20
IDE
FindBugs support
Eclipse IDE
Eclipse IDE (examples)
Eclipse IDE
Eclipse
org/apache/tomcat/PeriodicEventListener
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(Defau=
ltClassLoader.java:188)
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(Classpath=
Manager.java:601)
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(Classpa=
thManager.java:567)
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(Cl=
asspathManager.java:490)
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockCl=
assLoader(ClasspathManager.java:478)
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(Classp=
athManager.java:458)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(De=
faultClassLoader.java:216)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.=
java:400)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourc=
ePackage.java:35)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoad=
er.java:464)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:=
429)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:=
417)
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(Default=
ClassLoader.java:107)
org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper.JspServlet.<init>(JspServlet.java:101)
org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper.registry.JSPFactory.create(JSPFactory.java:=
56)
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableEx=
tension(ConfigurationElement.java:262)
org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecut=
ableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.i=
nitializeDelegate(ServletManager.java:194)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.s=
ervice(ServletManager.java:179)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(Serv=
letRegistration.java:61)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyS=
ervlet.java:126)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServle=
t.java:60)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServ=
iceServlet.service(HttpServerManager.java:317)
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:390)
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnect=
ion.java:924)
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:40=
9)
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:5=
82)
org.eclipse.help.internal.server.JettyHelpServer.checkBundle(JettyHelpServ=
er.java:124)