Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2016 22:16:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        freebsd-translators@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   BSDCan 2016: Improving the FreeBSD Translation Tools

I will be giving my presentation about the new PO translation system in
June at BSDCan 2016 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada:
http://www.bsdcan.org/2016/

The talk describes the old translation system and the problems that it
presents, then we discuss the new PO translation system, the advantages
it has, remaining challenges, and the results that have been seen so
far.

>From June 8 through June 10, members of the documentation team will also
be having the "doc lounge" for several hours each night.  This is an
opportunity for any interested people to come and talk with us about
documentation issues, including translation, on a one-to-one basis.
Rather, we try to make it on a one-to-one basis, depending on how many
people arrive.  There can be one or two short presentations each night
to provide some variety.  The rest of the time we spend working with
people interested in FreeBSD documentation or documentation issues in
general.  It is very informal and low-pressure.

If you have not been to BSDCan before, please see the website above.
It is an amazing meeting of BSD people, and Ottawa is a wonderful place
to have it.

Hope to see you there!