Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:50:53 +0900
From:      =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOjRMbjdDREU7UhsoQg==?= <e-sano@netjoy.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   request for NTT Communications

Dear Web Master,

We at ECraft have edited and produced the NTT Communications Internet
Certification ".com Master double star 2002 Official Textbook"
to be issued by NTT Communications, a long-distance carrier in
the NTT Group (see [Reference Data]). In this textbook your website
URL (http://www.freebsd.org/) shows up as a reference site. Thus
we are writing this e-mail to obtain your permission for us to
publicize your website URL. We would appreciate your understanding
concerning our attempt and hope you will give your permission for
us to use your URL in this textbook.

If you do not want to allow us to use your URL, we are sorry to
bother you, but please contact us at the following address. If
you do not reply, we will assume that you approve our request.

Lastly, we wish you success with your website.

Sincerely,

For inquiries concerning this matter:
ECraft
Contact: Ms. Etsuko Sano
Phone: 81-3-5362-7945
Fax: 81-3-3353-7686
E-mail:e-sano@netjoy.ne.jp

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reference Data

[Corporate Profile]
Name: NTT Communications Corporation (abbr. NTT Com)
Address: 1-1-6 Uchisaiwaicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan 100-8019
Startup date: July 1, 1999
Capital: 211,650 million yen (as of November 29, 2000)
No. of employees: About 7,250 (as of March 31, 2001)
Business: Domestic and international telecommunications services
Subsidiaries and affiliates:
Subsidiaries (NTT Com owns more than 50% of the equity): 18
Affiliates (NTT Com owns 20-50% of the equity): 18
[Outline of NTT Communications Internet Certification]
This is a certification system established by NTT Com for the purpose
of
improving basic knowledge of IT engineers for the Internet as well
as to
promote further utilization of the Internet.

Name of the Certification
NTT Communications Internet Certification

Name of the Qualification
.com Master

Characteristics of the Certification
As this is a certification reflecting the knowledge/expertise possessed
by an Internet service provider, it is possible to utilize this
certification as a tool to verify the achieved level of knowledge
along
with the practices of Internet technical support operators.
The latest technical trends of the Internet and personal computers
are
reflected in the questions of the certification tests.

The certification year is described in the name of the qualification.
By
describing the year, this certification can be used as a reliable
criteria
for judgment conforming to the era.

Certification Level
The level is divided into the basic level (*: single star) and
the middle
level (**: double star). In the future an advanced level (***:
triple star)
will be added.

single star Can receive information.
Can set a personal computer.
Can connect to the Internet and set e-mail and browser.
Can advise on settings and how to use applications.
Has basic knowledge of IT and can understand the terms.

double star Can dispatch information.
Understands the basics of contents development.
Can develop their own website.
Can construct a server for e-mail, WWW and DNS.
Has knowledge about security.
Can set up the router.

Etsuko Sano
e-sano@netjoy.ne.jp