Date:      Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:46:01 +0100
From:      Michael Schaefer <utf128@googlemail.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>,  "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org >> FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: massive hdd/geli problems after upgrade to 8.1-RELEASE

Hi Mike and thank you for your response

please find the smartctl output here:

http://pastecode.org/index.php/view/27349679

will do the atacontrol comparison later on since I would ahve to upgrade
the system again. I stressed the hdd now with the old kernel for several
hours copying reading/writing large amounts of data without any error. even
the filesystem check ran through with just some softupdate inconsistencies
but without sector errors...

don't know what to think about all this.. Well maybe I should mention that
I formatted the hard disk according to this discussion
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=12088&page=3 aligned with the 4k
sector size of the drive...

regards
Michael