Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:08:48 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        samir.otmane@numericable.fr, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Barebone kernel options request

Polytropon writes:

>  You will then make a copy of the GENERIC kernel configuration file
>  and adjust it to your needs, i. e., remove all the entries you do
>  not need.

	Proceed with caution here.
	I do not know if it is currently true, but it has in the past
been the case that (e.g.) option Q depends on device F which depends
on device B; while the relationship between Q and F is documented in
the config file, the one between F and B is not.
	The easy targets are disk(/RAID) drivers and network cards.
After that?  Stay alert; trust no-one; keep your un-delete key handy.

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff