Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:41:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Midphase Hosting

> From owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org  Thu Jun 10 06:25:02 2010
> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:24:55 +0200
> From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@fechner.net>
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Midphase Hosting
>
> Hi,
>
> Am 10.06.10 11:47, schrieb Jonathan McKeown:
> > Subject: [#24548754] Re: why does ps |grep sometimes not return itself?
> > Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 02:46:31 -0500
> > From: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> >

> I suggest to block on the freebsd server the complete domain
> mpcustomer.com that should solve the problem.
> It is really anyoing. I had already contact with the postmaster and he
> was unable to do anything.

Blocking on the freeBSD server will accomplish -nothing-, unfortunately.

Some idiot subscribed -- and *confirmed* -- *their* address to the mailing
list  (the Midphase ticket system is _not_ subscribed), and then aliased
or forwarded that address to the support@mpcustomer.com ticket system.

As such, it is effectively _impossible_ for the list owner to resolve the
problem.  The required information is simply _not_ available at the origin.

The *ONLY* people who can resolve the problem _IS_ the Midphase mail admin.
All he needs to do is check the *complete* headers for one of the list
messages _as_received_ by Midphase, and see who the _original_ addressee is.
THEN that address can be unsubscribed, and the problem is solved.

A week or so ago, the usual 'monthly subscribtuion notification' went out
to all users.  THAT message alone, in the message _BODY_ had the info that
MidPhase would needed to act, had they cared to.