Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:29:41 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Closing laptop lid confuses X

On my Gateway Solo 9100 (with a trident chipset), running PAO 2.2.8,
when I close the lid and re-open it, the X11 display (XF86 3.3.3)
has disappeared.  I've tried:

  - Switching VTs
  - Building the kernel with the SYSCONS_VTY_RESUME option
  - Killing and re-starting XDM

Only the last option fixes the screen.

If I am at the X11 vty, switching to standby mode doesn't cause
screen problems but suspending does.  If I'm at a normal vty,
I can do either and X11 is fine when I switch back to the X11 vty.

Anyone know of a fix?  If not, should I go to the XFree people?  Is
there an XFree-mobile list?

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 916 8256)
BWithrow@BayNetworks.com