Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:59:12 +0100
From:      Jan-Uwe Finck <ju.finck@nord-com.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Cc:        farber@cpan.org
Subject:   Re: i4b and OpenBSD - as port?

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 04:34:45PM +0100, Alexander Farber (EED) wrote:
> I will try to do this in 3-4 weeks, when I buy a new computer
> and receive my OpenBSD 2.8 CD. I have a USR Sportster ISA card
> and will also probably buy the AVM Fritz!-Card, PCI (I have yet
> to check if it's supported by i4b...)

It is.

> Does it make any sense to package i4b as an OpenBSD-port? Ports
> are normally user apllications, which don't modify kernel sources,
> or do they?

No, it doesn't make any sense.
The only real possibility is to integrate it into OpenBSD itself,
which means someone with exact kernel knowledge has to help out.

I've already thought about that several months ago, but have been stopped
by my low hacking capabilities.
You're welcome to produce some code and show it to Theo or someone else.

But I have to warn you, only a few people are using OpenBSD and
ISDN...

--
Greetings,
	Jan-Uwe