Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 10:30:16 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        "Benn Horton" <bennh@lineone.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Keyboard is disabled sometimes at boot up

>I am using FreeBSD 2.1.7 Release and I have a problem where my keyboard
>locks up on booting to the console login,
> and I do a reboot to use the keyboard.
>What is causing this?

Do you see any error message during boot? Such as:

scprobe: keyboard reset FAILED (result...)

Or, do you use a PS/2 mouse? Is it recognized correctly?  The keyboard
and the PS/2 mouse are both connected to the same keyboard controller
and sometimes conflict with each other.  Disable the `psm' device and
see if your keyboard works.

Kazu