Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:15:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Subject:   Re: i4b and netgraph (was: I4B support for US ISDN?)

Hellmuth Michaelis writes:
> When reading ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/archie/netgraph/man/netgraph.4.html,
> its easy to get that wrong impression:
>
>      In order to minimize latency, all netgraph operations are functional.
>                                    ^^^
>      That is, data and control messages are delivered by making function calls
>      rather than by using queues and mailboxes.

Yes, that's misleading... I've fixed it.

Actually, it's not completely the way you want it yet. As it stands
now, when you send an mbuf, you have the option of either sending
it directly (ie, functionally) or sending it by queueing it for
delivery later.

However, there's no way as the *receiving node* to say, "I want
all data sent to me to be delivered by qeueuing". So all sending
nodes would have to "cooperate".

This ability would be easy to add and something we'll probably do
now that you've pointed it out. :-)

-Archie