Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:11:08 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft bashers

ML Duke wrote:

> Nonsense. Monopolies can only exist in the presence of a collectivist
> system of government that accepts bribes to pass laws that suppress
> competition -- exactly the situation today.

Oh man! We are really off topic now, aren't we?

I would love to get involved in this discussion, as I have definite
opinions on this, and have actually studied economics.

But this topic has absolutely no business being on this mailing list.
This is FREEBSD-NEWBIES. Discussion Microsoft is vaguely relevant.
Discussion Microsoft as a monopoly is vaguely relevant. But arguing
about capitalism, the good or evil of antitrust legislation, and
monopolies in general, is completely irrelevant for the newbie wanting
to talk about FreeBSD.

My opinion is to move the discussion off list.

Thanks,

David