Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:16:08 +0100
From:      Tim Priebe <tim@iafrica.com.na>
To:        Dan Petruc <dan@petar.ro>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help connecting Win98 to FreeBsd box with leased line

I recently tried something similar with windows9x systems, and eventually was
told by a number of MCSE's that it was not possible to connect windows9x to a
leased line. I probably should not have believed them, but who wants to spend
thier time working on a windows box. Depending on wether you were using dialup
networking, or "direct connection", it looks like you got further than I did.
With the possibility that it might work, I will try this afternoon to change
the login prompt to include "CONNECT", and see if I can get it to work. If in
the mean time you can send me the configuration you used on the Windows box, I
can try them with a Portmaster 2e to see if it works or gives the same error
message.

Tim.