Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2010 10:01:53 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssmtp - possible anomaly with SSL

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 07:23:39AM -0400, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> I recently figured out how to send mail thru my ISP ID using ssmtp.  I ha=
d=20
> previously only been using KMail, and I had it configured to use port 465=
  SSL=20
> LOGIN.
>=20
> I can send mail when I don't use port 465:
> mailhub=3Dmail.InsightBB.com
>=20
> but if I add the port 465 a,d enable SSL with:
> UseTLS=3DYES
>=20
> then I use the -v switch and also -auFreeBSD -apPassword
> as in smtp -v -auFreeBSD -apPassword freebsd@insightbb.com
>=20
> and the messages all indicate success, but the mail never arrives. It doe=
s=20
> when I don't use SSL on port 465.
>=20
> KMail does work with SSL on port 465.

I'm not entirely clear on what you're using as a mail user agent.  Are
you still using KMail as your MUA, but using ssmtp to send the emails to
your SMTP server, or have you switched MUAs when you started using ssmtp?

Chris Brennan suggested you send more information; in addition to
answering my question, it might be useful to give us the information
Chris requested -- but make sure you obscure any username/password
information.

--=20

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--